Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My Sister

On the way to school she was explaining to shebachechi how much excited she is about going to hostel .. I was as usual listening to her without understanding the dream world they were talking about...

The day came and amma,acha n eachi  was busy filing the Cream color suite case which acha got for Gulf Bazar. I was running around the house excited about going for a trip in the hired JEEP. .. We all got in and started the drive to the great Vimala College .. Though I dont remember the Journey I can still hear my acha advising my sis on how she should behave and how she should concentrate on studies ..... We finally reached and started unloading the luggage .. After my achan was done with advising my sister and my mom just staring at her not able to express what she was feeling  we said bye to her and got back into the vehicle .. I jumped in2 the jeep 2 occupy the side seat because while coming I had a fight with sis .. But she never came in .. She stood there with her eyes filled with tears and the Jeep started moving .... And then I asked amma why she is not coming and then she just said "I told you right she is going to stay in hostel"  Yes @ times though we get a lecture on certain things it will only sink into your heart only when it happens .. N yes I felt that .. Came back crying and thinking now how is that gap in our home gonna get filled without her .. Then came those days communicating over phone .. Since it was not a mobile era and the STD charges were super high me and amma went by evening 7 to the Booth (7-8.30 was the only time when we could call her to the hostel land-line)  We use to dial n dial n dial since it use to come busy because that was the only connection for the entire students in the hostel .... Sometimes we get her on line and sometimes we go back without the line getting connected ..   Now we can call any1 any time but I never have time for anything ...I wish I still had the patience to wait till the call gets connected and I could live without complaining much ....Love You eachi

No comments:

Post a Comment